The CGN Core database contains longitudinal data collected from over 26,000 participants from 1999 to 2005. The participants all had cancer, or a family history of cancer.
The Core collected information about:
- sociodemographic characteristics
- history of cancer and/or pre-malignant conditions,
- cancer-relevant surgeries,
- 4-generation family cancer pedigree,
- tobacco use, and
- interest in genetic counseling.
Beginning in 2009, the database was expanded to include information about:
- cancer treatments,
- cancer screening history and results,
- genetic testing history and results,
- health conditions possibly related to cancer diagnosis/treatment,
- reproductive history.
Several CGN research studies collected biospecimens as a part of their research protocol.